• Describe the learning progression required to achieve competency as a nuclear medicine technologist using the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT) and Alberta College of Medical and Therapeutic Diagnostic Technologists (ACMDTT) Competency profiles for Nuclear Medicine Technology.
• Demonstrate effective written communication skills.
1. This is an independent assignment to be completed outside of class time as part of your independent study.
2. This is a reflective style essay (first person narrative is acceptable); however, the incorporation of relevant literature where appropriate is recommended to demonstrate understanding and support your findings (evidence-based practice).
3. Address the following questions:
a. What is the purpose of the CAMRT and ACMDTT Competency profiles?
b. Which specific area(s) of the competency profile do you feel will be most challenging? What can you do to set yourself up for success? What resources are at your disposal?
c. Reflect on your journey to entry-level competence. What does an entry-level technologist look like? How will you get there? What is SAIT’s role in this journey? What roles and responsibilities do you hold?
d. Using the course reading, The Five Stage Model of Adult Skill Acquisition (Dreyfus), map your progression through the program. What skill level are you at now? What skill level will you reach by the end of Year 1? By the end of year 2?
4. Complete your assignment according to the following format and style:
a. APA formatting with the omission of the abstract section.
b. Credible sources must be used to support your statements. Include proper APA in-text citations and referencing.
c. Aim for 1250-1500 words.